Saturday, January 10, 2009

warehouses

In a few hours, I'll be headed out to the first real socializing event I have been to outside of school since arriving in March 08.

That's kind of sad. No, that is just sad.

I don't know where I learned to be so introverted, and perhaps it stems from many extenuating circumstances and events in the last 3 years. I'm not sure what to expect tonight though, as I am not really into the party scene, never have been, and don't really plan on it. I don't know how to act, if there is a way to act, or which way to turn, if this shirt looks like I stole it from kohls or a Gotham street vendor. If I disappear then maybe this is my confession.

I can't dance, I can't talk.
Only thing about me is the way I walk.
I can't dance, I can't sing
I'm just standing here selling everything.
-genesis (no, the band, genius)

On a lighter note, I'm getting ready to head into week 2, and my wrists are healing. I've been able to play about 7 hours in the last two days. That is significant improvement from the last 2 months. I still use an ice pack in the morning and at night, and combined with the NSAID that I'm on, It seems to be getting the job well done. I really did not want to move back to Ohio so soon, although I know I'll be heading back at the end of the year when MI is over.

No comments: